Saturday 7 June 2008

Self Praise Is No Praise

"Self praise is no praise", is an old but a very true saying - and it's just as relevant in dealing with equal pay as in any other walk of life.

We received the following e-mail from a council employee earlier in the week - a few personal details have been changed to protect the person's privacy and identity:

Hi Mark

Job Evaluation and Equal Pay

Got your name and your site from my Unison rep today.

I'm really at my wits end with job evaluation and an important equal pay issue with my employer. My issues have been dragging on for ages with no one taking responsibility for moving things on.

I feel I have gone round in circles and been let down in trying to get a solution. Please can you advise on what to do now?

Thanks, and your site is great.

Regards

HB

We take it as a compliment that Unison stewards are referring their members to Action 4 Equality - for advice about job evaluation and equal pay - it just confirms what we've been saying about ordinary members being kept in the dark all these years.

So, if you have an equal pay query - drop a note to: markirvine@compuserve.com

No comments: